Like all GYEDs, your mom at GYES will sooner or later have to come back to work. Before reaching a final decision, it is worth considering the rights and opportunities.To compare this knowledge, we called on Andráns Kovacs, Labor Law Specialist at the Trade Union of Employees.
Extraordinary work, night work cannot be orderedUntil the child reaches the age of three, the employer may apply unequal working hours only with the contribution of work, and the weekly rest day may not be evenly distributed. So two rest days should be given at the same time, preferably in connection with Sunday.
Mothers with young children have more sick leaveIn principle, it is 15 working days a year, but you can receive sickness benefit for a sick child, depending on the age of the child, for 84 days between the ages of 1 and 6, and 14 days between the ages of 6 and 12. You should also be aware that inability to work for more than 30 days reduces your annual leave from work.
Fathers also get some discounts
Working time allowance for breastfeedingDuring the first six months of breastfeeding, the mother is not required to work twice a day, and until the end of the ninth month. In the case of twin children, the time discount is doubled.
Working hours can be reduced by halfThe employer is obliged to change the employment contract to part-time equivalent to half of the daily working time until the child reaches the age of three. This is what the law says, but if there is no space, there is practically no part-time or full-time employment.
There is no relief after the child is three years oldThey treat mothers with young children just like any other worker. There is no real benefit to working with a more flexible working time schedule, as all the benefits that a moms request and receive are at the discretion of the particular manager. Of course, if a child goes back to work before the age of three and is taken back, they will, of course, try to abide by their laws. - Unfortunately, it is not too favorable for workers to have access to pregnant women. I see that the law has made the most of it, so it is practically upfront to say that there are no vacancies in the maternal job and can be dismissed. The previously effective version of the workbook did not allow this until the child was three years old. However, it has not yet happened in the trade that a mother was illegally dismissed before the age of three- we learned dr. Kovács Andrásnétul, Trade Union Employee Lawyer.
- Another request is that pregnant women are often persuaded to accept an agreement to terminate their employment, in which case the company offers a little more money than would be the case in the event of termination. The little baby is accepted, and then they are jobseekers. The experience that if a child wants to work before the age of three, but the employer does not want to or can not accept it, she would rather go on unpaid leave not to terminate her employment. - says the specialist.
- It happened to us that a Spar member of ours worked for Auchann during the day because he was not employed by Spar.
Baby extra info
- After January 1, 2014, if a new child is born into the family, the care of the older sibling will continue to be payable to the parent, without having to give up on it as before.
- As of January 1, 2014, a parent may work for an unlimited period after the child has reached the age of 1, with or without childcare allowance. The provision also applies to parents of children born before 1 January 2014.
- For parents of twins born after December 31, 2013, the duration of the maternity allowance is one for pregnancy and childbirth, or one for the next period after the expiry of the term of entitlement to the maternity.
- As of January 1, 2014, students of the Higher Education Institution are also eligible for the childcare allowance. They can go for what is called a "graduate child".
We return to the world of workFurther information is available from the Health and Financial Services offices of the county and county government offices, and from other places where you are employed. It is important that you do not automatically reshape your child, you must ask for your child's resumption!